Sunday, August 30, 2009

Must Catch Up

I was looking at the number of blogs I've written in August, and realized I haven't written as much as usually do. That must mean one thing. I am either busier than usual or nothing exciting is going on. I think it's a little bit of both. Since Jill left we have been working in a new drummer at church and quite honestly, Alissa is improving by leaps and bounds every week. The transition is going much more smoothly than I anticipated. I am still playing drums for the hymns, but Alissa is able to the pay the rest almost without a single mistake. I am so proud of her and actually relieved things are going so smoothly. On another note, the challenge is going well. This weekend I used my cheat on Calamari and it was so tasty. I bought some more healthy snacks to have during the week so I'm hoping this week I am able to lose some weight. I actually gained a pound last week. My weight fluctuates quite a bit with my monthly cycle, so I'm sure that is the reason. That and we only had 4 days really in the challenge. Tomorrow starts my getting up way too early in the morning to go power walking with Kim. I already know I'll be tired, but it'll be worth it. I am only trying to lose 10 pounds in 17 weeks, so this is gonna be a slow and steady thing for me. I really don't have much weight to lose, so it's going to take more time for me to lose it. I am dedicated if for nothing else, for my friend. I think she needs this support of a group or at least one other person to do it with her. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something that is post-worthy and will be able to bring my blogs for the month closer to what is normal for me. We'll see.

No comments: