Friday, August 14, 2009

I Apologize For My Tardiness

I'm not sure if anyone out there actually reads this, but I am very sorry for the delay between my postings. I am not living up to my own expectations and I apologize. Ok, on to the real post. Life has been CRAZY!!!!! Since the last time I posted, I got a new car, had a birthday, and said goodbye to my sister until Christmas. I got a Honda CRV. I would take a picture for you, but it looks just like the one on the Honda website, so go check it out. It is glacier blue metallic in the EX trim. Birthday - I am older and feel just the same. For my birthday we ate at my parents and played a card game called Hand and Foot, which has become a favorite past time around here. I got books, gift certificates, and tickets to see Mary Poppins in Fair Park in September. BJ always gets me such good gifts. Jill and Sam and my parents are currently in the Chicago area moving Jill and Sam in. Sam is attending Wheaton and is in the PHD program for psychology there. It is a 4 year program, but they plan to come home to visit for Christmas and then again in the summer. Jill is working at a school for all the kids with autism from a certain public school district. Since she is working for a school, she gets a couple of weeks off at Christmas and then again in the beginning of August, so that makes coming to see us possible. I have talked to them a couple of times already and everything seems to be going smoothly. My parents are going to see my Uncle Bob and Aunt Lana while they are up there, and that is the part of the trip I am really regretting not being there for. To give you an idea as to when they last came down here, BJ has never met them and we have been together coming up on 10 years. I saw them last when we moved my Grandma Hutsell down here to live with my parents in early 2004. Uncle Bob is still my favorite and maybe we'll get up there to see them in the next couple of years when we go to see Jill and Sam in Chicago. Next week me and BJ are going on our vacation to Cozymel. We are staying at the Wyndham Resort and Spa and I'm looking forward to laying on the beach and doing some reading. The main things BJ wants to accomplish is eating at a real Mexican restaurant and a good fresh seafood place. We have booked a dune buggy tour of the jungle in the center of the island for Wednesday afternoon. I plan to do some walking on the beach and just generally exploring our new surroundings and shopping some. Our resort is pretty close to down town San Miguel, so everything should be within walking distance which I like a lot. I've had friends say stay on the resort, but I like to explore. I'm sure we will eat mostly at the resort since it is paid for, but I am looking forward to going shopping and figuring out where everything is that we want to do later in the week. I really like the independence of basically doing whatever we want without anyone else's input mattering for a whole week. Oh, yes and I'm getting a pedicure. Hopefully when we get back I'll have lots of fabulous pics and stories to tell.

No comments: