Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Another Saturday Night

I know, I haven't updated in a while,but my life is a little crazy right now without having anything that all exciting to share with the world. Work is well, work. I worked 6 hours today to get one of the 2 tax returns finished that we will be getting out by Thursday. I don't really like working Saturdays, but who does? I know I could be working a lot more hours, so I'm thankful that I don't have to work Saturdays often. I did get a lot done today, so its nice to be going into a new week with one large thing off my plate, at least until it gets reviewed, again, and sent back to me, again. Yes, it will definitely reappear in my office sometime before Monday morning, but hopefully, most of the large issues are over. There are a few small things that I am still missing from the client. Ok, no one reads my blog to catch up on the status of my projects at work (unless you are really bored or as addicted to reading anything as long as it is an update as I am) so I'll move on. This week I took on a new project and I am very excited about it. I am working on making a 8 by 8 scrapbook for a friend at church. I think the project is a surprise for the recipients, so I won't share any pictures. I am making a book from my friend and her husband to her adopted grandkids. Their family has a lot of traditions, one of which includes giving a certain book to each of her grandchildren. The book is called "I loved you before you were born" and is about a grandmother that dreamed of the day when she would have her grandchild and imagined what they child would be like. The book doesn't really fit the situation for the two newest grandkids, since they were adopted when they were 6 and 7 or something like that, so I am making a similar book that better fits the situation. Anyway, I am getting to be crafty, which I love. After I got home from work today, I worked on it for a couple of hours and got 4 pages done. I think it looks great, if I do say so myself. My main concern is making the book not too girly since the adopted kids are brother and sister. So after I finish this project, I will move on to my scrapbook which needs some updating. I'm not sure what the last thing I scrapbooked actually is for myself. I don't have kids so I don't have that much going on really. I think I have to scrapbook a page for getting my CPA license, kitchen renovation, and then our vacation to Cozumel. I actually have a house renovation scrapbook, kinda. It has the house when we first bought it and all the changes we made before we moved in. I plan on putting the kitchen stuff in that scrapbook. I have had a little more time the past few Saturdays, even if I did work, because Nebraska hasn't played either day. 3.5 hours to watch a football game definitely makes my Saturday fly by. I love my Huskers and must watch them, it just makes the day go so much more quickly. BJ is now working on Saturdays, so I potentially have until 4 to do whatever I want or need to do. Somehow, I make it through the day without being as productive as I hoped, every week. I think my problem is that I keep telling myself it is Saturday and I should relax, so I end up doing more of that then actually being productive. Oh well, I'm sure everything will get done eventually. I actually made a long list of random projects last weekend. I think it has about 25 things that need to be done. It will take me forever if I only cross off one thing per weekend, but at least its getting crossed off, right? So this post has taken me about 30 minutes and it is now time to go to bed so we can get up tomorrow and start the busyness that is our Sundays. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: