Monday, September 28, 2009

Trusting

This song has been on my heart the past few days. God is teaching me to trust him. I know you are saying, what does that song have to do with trusting God, so here you have it. There are two lines that keep coming back to me. "When you call I won't refuse" and "When you call I won't delay." That is total trust: no delay in obeying what God says. Yesterday at church God spoke to me about some things he wanted me to do and my first response was total fear. It's been a while since I've felt that. I thought I was doing so good obeying and trusting and there was fear, rearing its ugly head. We all are afraid at times, but we have to learn to trust God completely. I picture a small child standing on a ledge of some sort and a parent saying jump. The child doesn't hesitate in the slightest, but jumps full force, knowing their parent will catch them. The parent won't let them fall or get hurt. That's what we have to learn to do. Jump full force, with total trust in our Heavenly Father who loves us and won't let us fall. Trust him, completely. With the innocence of a child.
None But Jesus
In the quiet In the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence I know there I am restored When You call I won't refuse Each new day again I'll choose
There is no one else for me None but Jesus Crucified to set me free Now I live to bring Him praise In the chaos in confusion I know You're sovereign still In the moment of my weakness You give me grace to do Your will When You call I won't delay This my song through all my days There is no one else for me None but Jesus Crucified to set me free Now I live to bring Him praise All my delight is in You Lord All of my hope All of my strength All my delight is in You Lord Forever more

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Nominated you for Kreative Blog Award! Check out the blog!