Tuesday, September 8, 2009

God Speaks

This week in Sunday School we talked about "Preparation for Spiritual Victory." BJ and I teach the college & career Sunday school class at church. It was the first time that the lesson came across the way I prepared it. Often times, while God is leading me as I put the lesson together, I feel his presence and get excited about what God is saying through his word. Somehow, by the time the lesson makes it to the class, things aren't as exciting as they were originally. I think part of it has to do with who my audience is and part of it is that I allow my excitement to be squashed by the response I get from them. Don't get me wrong. I know they are listening, but they aren't exactly interacting with me or shouting "Amen" after every sentence usually. Yesterday, God's presence was so real in that class and I let myself get excited about God was saying. Class was just good! Thank you God! And to top it off, can you guess what Bro. Beard spoke on in the Sunday Morning service? Victory over temptation. It's always nice to get a little reassurance from God that you really heard him speak. For several weeks, I've been taking my morning commute and praying for a different person in my class each day. There are 5 of them, so that works pretty well. This morning I was praying for Elisha and Courtney (since I didn't go to work yesterday) and God's presence was just so sweet and real. I think I could have stayed in my car and prayed another hour once I got to work. By the way, girls, if you read this, God has some great things in store for you! What a great way to start my work week! I didn't realize until I started to write this post all the ways God is speaking to me right now. For a couple of days, I have felt like I needed to do something. I'm not sure if it is God or some of the books I've been reading, so I'm still trying to get some clear direction. I am hesitant because I fear that when I do this thing, it'll bring up a lot of emotion that I've been trying not to think about or haven't really had to deal with since the beginning of the year. I don't mind that sacrifice if it is really what God is leading me to do, but if it is just me, I would rather not go there again emotionally. I know God will give me clear direction, so I'm just trusting and waiting for that. I may share more details in the future if I feel released to do so.

No comments: