Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Challenge

So, I haven't posted much about the weight loss challenge I am currently doing, so for anyone who wants to know, here's how it's going. I've followed the rules: I have not had fried foods or sweets, I've drank the required water and usually don't even drink the 12 oz of soda I am allowed. I've exercised more times than required each week and used only an average number of cheats. We are on week 4 and I've used 4 of the 25 cheats allowed over 17 weeks. Results: There are none to speak of. My weight has fluctuated since I started the challenge and I am almost back down to my starting weight. It's a little frustrating, but I know that I am healthier and in better shape than I was before the challenge. And I'm starting to like running and/or my exercise time. I feel good to be doing something for me, even if there are no results in the numbers. My goal was to lose 10 pounds in 17 weeks, so I guess I could potentially still reach that, but I'm beginning to have my doubts. There are reasons to explain away my lack of results, none of which are related to me not being committed or cheating more than I will admit. The reasons are all legitimate, but I'm not here to make excuses for myself. I'm just here to give an update. So, if any of you other beauties are having issues, know that you are not alone. Just keep going! Even if you don't see the results you desire, know it is changing you and your life for the better.

1 comment:

Jason said...

How are your cloths fitting?

The scale is such a bad indicator of how you're progressing. I'm only about 15lbs lighter than when I joined the Navy, but I went from having 24% body fat to my current 14%. All the added weight gain came from muscle mass, added bone density, etc.

So how are you cloths fitting? I've lost like 6in. off my waist in that 10% difference. So the scale may only say 15lbs are gone, but there's no way any of my old cloths fit anymore. ; )