Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thank God for Alissa!

So normally you all get my to hear about my gripes and complaints. I try to stay upbeat or at least talk about some scripture after I vent so you are not left in a bad mood, but it doesn't always work that way. Well today, I'm just going to be thankful for a change. Today, I realized how thankful I am for Alissa. She is the girl who has been playing drums since Jill moved a month ago. Things could just be so much worse. Even a week before Jill left I was a little apprehensive about how everything would turn out. Things have all fallen into place so much quicker than I anticipated. She is growing as a drummer by leaps and bounds every week. We have not had to go a single service without drums and worship is going so great! Today I was just so relaxed during worship and it was so nice. I am still playing drums for the hymns, but that is becoming second nature to me and doesn't take much concentration for me either. Today I got to worship and it just felt so good. Thank you so much Alissa for stepping up and filling Jill's shoes. You are such a blessing and God is using you greatly! I know things aren't always perfect, but God always helps us when we step up to minister to others. You are such a blessing!

No comments: