Friday, March 19, 2010

A Blog Colage

Over the past 9 days I have had several thoughts that I wanted to blog about, but haven't take the time to do so. No, there will not be any pictures in this colage, but rather several smaller blogs with random topics, so here it goes. Weakness is Beautiful So if I choose to do something, I give everything I can to make sure it is done well. This doesn't mean I'm perfect by any means, but I am definitely an over achiever. Secretly the reason I do so much is because my love language is Words of Affirmation and it is in my nature to do things that will draw those around me to affirm my efforts. I realize that this seems like I am fishing for compliments, which I guess I am in some way, but I feel good when I do things well. With that being said I guess I should get on to the topic this mini-blog is about, weakness. There are several people who have told me that I never mess things up. My pastor even jokingly said, "Sandra, would you please mess up on the piano every once in a while so the rest of us don't look so bad." I guess I do a better job hiding my mistakes than I thought. Trust me when I say I mess up all the time. Every week at church on the piano I bet I mess up at least 5 times, at least. Maybe the reason people think I am perfect is that I don't focus on my mistakes or draw attention. Who wants to be remembered for the ways they mess up? Not me. Over the past few years I have definitely chilaxed a bit (That word makes me feel like I'm in high school again and I have to admit I giggled a little when I wrote it. For you who may not know, chilaxing is a mixture of chilling and relaxing. Ok, back on topic.) Messing up used to be a traumatic experience with me. I would literally be in tears when I messed up on the piano or failed to meet my own expectations. So, basically if I messed up, everyone in the same county as me would know it. I wouldn't shout it from the roof tops, but I would be basically sobbing uncontrollably without the hope of consolation from anyone. I say that all to say that God has changed me so much in the past few years. Yes, I still like to do things well, but if things don't turn out perfectly, it's okay because weakness in beautiful. God doesn't expect me to be perfect, he actually likes when I'm weak because then his strength can shine through and he can get the credit he deserves.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I Corinthians 12:9
Heritage of Victory So I found this Bible verse while reading this week sometime and it was just what I needed.
"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord..." Isaiah 54:17
Not many of us take our heritage seriously. I guess the main reason I don't really think about or celebrate my heritage is that I have so many heritages I am basically a human mutt. Celebrating every part of my heritage would include having some holiday to celebrate every week and it would just be too much. Your heritage should be celebrated, especially the heritage you have received from God by being his child. I like the fact that this verse says my heritage is to be victorious over all the weapons of the Devil and every lie he tries to tell me. The Bible tells us that the Devil is the accuser who keeps trying to remind us of our sins, but my heritage is to oppose him when he tries to get in my mind. The main battle we fight against the Devil is in our mind. He tries to get us to doubt, to get us to be condemned, to get us to give up. If he can convince us of these things, he's beat us. I also like the fact that my heritage is not to tell God to get rid of the lies the Devil is annoying me with but for me to refute every tongue that accuses me. It's my job and responsibility to fight for me. In a recent church service, one of my friends shared with us that she has been asking God for things and wasn't seeing God answer her. She asked Him why and He said that He had given us the authority to deal with things and it was time for us to defeat the devil with the authority God gave us. Wow! Update on My Life Ok, so this last mini-blog isn't profound or even spiritual, but just a catch up on what has been going on with us. Work is crazy, but what else can be expected mid March at a CPA firm? Monday nights since mid-January we have been having Monday night Bible studies at church on deliverance. I started going in February once payroll was done, and next Monday is the last week. God has been doing some great things. I have finally made time for me. I have been going to Turbo Kick-Boxing on Saturday mornings at 8:30 at the Mansfield 24-Hour Fitness. I love it. Blanca is the best! I was trying to fit in 3 exercise sessions a week and it just wasn't happening. It was too much for me with my crazy schedule and all the things I like to be involved in. Once a week is good and I am starting to get some definition in my calves and arms. Did I say I love it, because I really do! Ok, so there you have it, a blog colage. It almost rhymes. If it did, it would make me even more giggly cause I love rhymes and puns. They make me smile! Coming Soon to a Blog Near You, maybe, if I get around to it, eventually -Anniversary weekend get away to the Arbuckle Mountains -Planting flowers in the spring and new flower bed:)

No comments: