Friday, January 28, 2011

Adopting God's Kids

So I know that some of you keep up with our adoption process via this blog, so I thought I'd give a little update. Actually, nothing new has happened since the last update that is even blog-worthy. We keep getting information and kids and submitting our home-study but are yet to hear anything back from anyone. We have "put our application in" for lack of better terms 4 times. Sometimes you hear something, sometimes you don't, so we are just here waiting. Sometimes we forget that God is concerned with the details, so I remind myself that he is working the timing out for our adoption perfectly with our schedules (which can be a little much at times). See, his will is not just that we adopt, but that we adopt the kids he picked for us before the creation of the world at the perfect time he planned before we even existed. I love planning, so I can appreciate that God is working out all the little details so everything is perfectly according to his divine plan. I haven't had time to really think about the waiting, so time is just flying for me. I just finished (well, almost finished) our crazy month of year end payroll deadlines. And before that was the holidays. So, we are definitely staying busy for the most part. Starting in January, I am no longer helping with children's church, but I have taken over coordinating our Wednesday night girls groups at church called Missionettes. I've had a lot of help this month (thanks, LeAnn!) but things seem to be going smoothly for that. Everything is pretty much been planned out the same as prior years, so its not like starting from nothing and creating a system. Most things are already in place and I am just carrying it through and making sure it all gets done and organized. I've been slowly but surely going through things in our house and getting them ready for a yard sale we are having at the church in April. I figure whatever I can get rid of now I won't have to later, and adding kids and their things to my house will be easier and not seem so unmanageable. Getting rid of stuff we don't need or use feels so good. You should try it sometime, really! We did buy a new kitchen table and chairs/bench over the holidays that seats 6 or 7 for our family, so we can accommodate our kids for meals together in the kitchen. At this point we can't really buy anything else because the furniture we need is very dependent on what age kids we get. It could be a crib or it could be twin beds, so we are just waiting to see before we go spending unnecessary money. I secretly think I have been driving to lunch at work because they know that as soon as we get our kids, there won't be room in my car. Shannon, my coworker, told me to buy car seats and put them in my car so I could get out of that already. Ha! Life as we know it will definitely change when that time comes. On a totally separate note, I have problems blogging about things sometimes because I know that one of the girls in my Sunday School class reads this pretty regularly. Often when God shows me something, it becomes the subject of my Sunday School lesson, so I try and wait until after class to blog about it, but after the lesson is shared, the urgency to share is gone, and I feel like I'm being redundant. Does that even make sense? All of that to say, when there is a real adoption update, trust me that it'll be posted here. But for now, we are praying and submitting and waiting for God's will, whatever that is. So if you want to, pray for God's will for us in this whole adoption journey. We know that God is faithful, always!

No comments: