Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year=New Opportunities

On New Year's Eve, BJ and I went to a short church service at RLC before coming home, and BJ going to bed. He had to work on New Years Day, so staying up to ring in the year was out of the question. I did stay up and watch The Sound of Music, one of my favorite movies/musicals of all time. I really enjoy being by myself. Not that I don't love people or love spending time with my hubby, but when I'm by myself I just get to decompress. Ok, back on topic. At the NYE service Sis. Edna shared a verse from Revelation 3:7:
"What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open."
I haven't really given the verse second thought until today. I am believing God for a lot this year. This verse has reminded me that God is the one who is in charge of the opportunities laid before me. So, I trust him to lead me by opening and closing doors according to his plan. I am believing for a year of new opportunities to do things I haven't done before. I am not satisfied being the same me for 2011. I want God's heart and God's plans for me and I expect him to do GREAT things beyond what I can even imagine. Even in just these few days, I have seen God's hand at work. I know that he is changing me everyday and getting me ready for whatever this year may hold. I know that it is all in his hands and he will lead us. Speaking of opportunities, just today B.J. has gotten two new websites to create for clients. God just knows what he is doing. We don't see the whole picture but he does and what he sees is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love being alone too.