Saturday, January 29, 2011

I love lists...

especially when you get to check them off. Honestly, sometimes I make lists of things to accomplish after they are done, just so I can mark them off and visually see what I've been able to complete. We do this at work too, since we are cool like that. Ha! Today has been a very productive day and I feel fabulous about it. The past couple of weeks have been trying, but I have survived and I was able to celebrate by having a productive day. On my day off I was up at 7 (not on purpose, trust me. I love my sleep even more than being productive. Sometimes.) and had showered, been to the grocery store and bank and back home by 9:30. I had great plans to go to Cardio Dance at the gym at 11, so I ate an egg sandwich and got all ready to head out, only to discover that Charlotte wasn't teaching today, so I nixed that. Then off to get my shopping done. Ulta, New York and Company, and JC Penney. Home by 1. My list is completed and I still have half of the day left. Don't be deceived and think that I am completely out of things to do. If you know me, you know that simply will never happen, by choice. So, now I'm on to the normal things I do on a typical Saturday - mainly getting ready for church tomorrow and all that involves. And dishes and laundry. Is it just me, or do these just seem to never end? Relative to some of you, I know that we have fewer dishes and laundry since there are just two of us. What's the point of making the bed or doing the dishes or laundry? I mean they are just going to get dirty again, right? And yet, because I like a made bed and I need clean clothes to wear and dishes to eat on, and I know they won't clean themselves, off to dishes and laundry I go.

No comments: