Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Devil Don't Drive A Big Bubba Truck

Disclaimer: I know this isn't good grammar, but for a moment you grammar crazy individuals will just have to deal with me while I explain myself. Disclaimer: If you happen to own a Big Bubba Truck, I am not trying to offend you in anyway. It is your choice, so whatever floats your boat... My neighbor has a Big Bubba Truck. You know, one of those big trucks owned by men who want the entire neighborhood to know when they are coming and going. They buy extra doo-hickies to make their trucks louder and more manly sounding. So I know exactly when Tony comes and goes and when he is going fishing because I hear him backing up and going forward however many times it takes until the boat trailer is hooked up to his satisfaction. There is no way he could ever sneak up on anyone without them knowing. Ever. (Lucky for me, I'm a hard sleeper and don't wake easily so I only notice him when I'm awake.) I think sometimes we think the devil is going to appear like that big loud truck, revving his engine, just to let us know he's decided to tempt us or declare war. Nope, the devil drives a nice quiet Hybrid that has a push button start and you can't hear coming. He's stealth like that. That doesn't mean he isn't coming, but just that you'd better be ready when he attacks because he isn't giving you any warning so you can get prepared. Most of the time I think he wins because we don't live prepared for his attack and we don't even realize we have been declared war on until after we have lost. So be aware cause the devil don't drive a Big Bubba Truck. That would be way too easy.

No comments: