Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 3 - Picture of You and Your Friends



I would guess my closest friends are my family.  We get together and play games or we used to before kids were in the picture.  That quickly changed in our family in the last year.  But still, I'd say my closest friends are probably my sister and mom, and BJ of course.  They know me and I don't have to pretend for them.

I don't guess I have pictures of my other two closest friends, Melanie and Shay.  I am not good at taking pictures as I'd rather just enjoy the moment.  Not good for scrapbooking, good for the moment. I've known Melanie almost my whole life and until we were both adults, I'd say she was more of a mentor than a friend. She is 10 years older than me, but at some point none of that matters any more. I met Shay in high school and we have been through a lot over the years.  We don't always make time to hang out, but when we do, we pick up right where we left off.

This post about friends would not be complete without adding my coworkers, which are probably the people I spend the most time with.  They have known me for 10 of the craziest years of my life through the most changes I'd guess.  They probably know a side of me most others don't see as often.  I think we are all a little different in a work environment than we are just alone at home.

To be honest, I don't really have a BFF (which I think is such a middle school term by the way).  My life is too busy to add "hanging out" to my schedule. I guess I've never had a close friend for longer than a year or two at a time. People change, life changes, and people have come into and out of my life as long as I can remember.  And I'm totally fine with that. Maybe that's why I think my best friends are my mom and sister.  Because they are constant.  I guess this all adds up to the fact that I am more of an introvert than an extravert.  I am totally fine being by myself and don't need other people to feel energized or fulfilled.  When I am around people I enjoy their company, but history has told me I don't crave that interaction enough to seek it out.

No comments: