Monday, March 12, 2012

General Update and While you Serve

I've been MIA from the blogging world for a few weeks because life has been just crazy.  This week, BJ is off with the kids, so I'm going in to work early and trying to get some extra hours in.  I would be lying if I didn't say I was jealous of their spring break, but that's just the way life is in the CPA world.

Now that I'm not in charge of our Sunday School class, I don't get to choose what we are teaching about and that is totally okay.  We have started a study on the life of David. 

Before, when God would speak to me I would ask him for specific direction as to whether he was speaking to me for me or for the class or just in general and would feel liberty to share certain things on my blog based on the purpose of his revelation. So now, because it isn't my job to find God's word for our class, I know that when God speaks it is just for me and I feel free to share out of my heart to whomever is listening to my ramblings (as many or few as that may be).

So this week sometime I was reading in Luke 1 about the story of Zechariah.  It says in verse 8 "as he was serving as a priest before God...then the Angel of the Lord appeared to him." I have probably read this 5 trillion times.  And God hit me square in the face.  If you want me to speak, if you want me to answer your prayers, get busy serving me as I've called you to serve me. So often we put our life on pause, and devote all of our efforts and prayers to asking God and seeking him when the whole time he is saying obey me, serve me and I will hear you and move on your behalf.  Duh!! How many different ways does God have to say it? Seek first my kingdom and my ways and all this will be given to you as well.

The second thing that struck me is that it says is that Zechariah's prayer was heard.  It made me wonder how many years did he and Elizabeth seek God for a child.  Since scripture says they were both old and she was barren, I would guess a long time.  A lot of us would have probably long given up on God and forgotten what he'd promised.  But not Zechariah.  He kept on for years, praying and serving, praying and serving, and knowing that when God's time came, he would see God's plan unfold before him. Now that is faithfulness.

In other news, adoption is quickly approaching.  We are looking at about 5 weeks now. Maybe less.  

And BJ and I have about a month until our "A Weekend to Remember" marriage retreat.  We are really excited about getting a well needed break from the kids.  And not hearing mommy this or daddy that for 2 whole days. Two. Whole. Days.  Peace and quiet. And just the two of us.  Sounds like heaven. :)

And before you know it, summer will be here and we will be heading to Kansas to camp for a week with my mom's family.  I am really looking forward to the kids getting to meet everyone and not having a thing to do in the world besides hang out and catch up with the family. Good times.

No comments: