Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Theme

Saturday night I went to the Saturday church service I talked about previously.  It was good and nice to be just someone in the crowd for once.  And then today I had church as usual at Radiant Life.  And God seemed to be saying the same thing to me over and over.  Before I get into that let me preface this by saying the sermon topics were not the same so if you were in all the church services, Sunday School class and prayer meetings that I was, you may not have seen the correlation that God was showing me. I have learned that God often speaks to me through speakers/preachers, but it isn't necessarily what they even said or what their point was.  It's just how God works, and I am so grateful he can use one sermon to speak to different people at different spiritual places. Now let me weave all this together for you the way God did for me.

Saturday night, the Pastor talked about friendships.  What he said that stuck out to me is that some of us don't have inner circle friends and are lonely.  And that's okay.  Grow closer to God and become the friend you want and God will bring them to you.  Then today Pastor was talking about the levels of the river of God in our lives.  He said God is calling us to not just be like other "Christians".  He wants us to go deeper and he has great purpose for us.  People won't always understand, but we have to seek God and go deeper in him anyways.  And then this afternoon the speaker mentioned craving God.  Getting more every day of God. 

So God's telling me its time to grow up spiritually. No more playing around and quite honestly, no more trying to win the approval of men.  It isn't men I am working for, but God. And being close to God can be a lonely place as far as physical friends.  But God is my sufficiency and supplies all I need to make up for the loneliness.  And in his time he will bring friends who challenge me spiritually, who push me closer to God and don't drag me down.

I won't lie, being lonely isn't fun. But God will provide, like he always does. And being close to God is worth it.

God, I hear you loud and clear. Grow me! Stretch me! Show me your ways! And draw me to you.


1 comment:

The Ziebarth Family said...

Wow Sandra, I feel the exact same way in my life right now. I don't have many friends and life is all about my hubby, babies, church, and work. Thank you so much for this post!