Friday, June 1, 2012

By Faith

Hebrews 11:1-2, 11-12 The Message

The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. 

By faith, barren Sarah was able to become pregnant, old woman as she was at the time, because she believed the One who made a promise would do what he said. That's how it happened that from one man's dead and shriveled loins there are now people numbering into the millions. 

A few years ago, maybe 3, I did a few things that to the natural mind, seemed foolish at the time but I knew God told me to do them, so I obeyed. It was a total act of faith on my part.

So now I am enjoying my pregnancy planner and maternity clothes I purchased then.  Seeing the end of the promise and the beginning of what God had planned for us now in this adventure we call life.

I am not naive enough to think that I got pregnant because I purchased those items, but I know God was wanting me to step out and I did.  And here we are.  I have always said, when it was God time, he would give us a baby and he has.  And we are so grateful.  Because God always knows what he is doing, even when we feel left in the dark alone, holding onto the last strand of the rope, praying He comes through soon.

All that to say, I know that not all of you are in the place where you see the end of the struggle, but keep holding on.  If we could feel God with us all the time or knew what he was going to do next, it wouldn't require us to trust him completely and put all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.  He is still God and He is still faithful and He hasn't forgotten you, but is working behind the scenes so that when the time comes, it will be a perfect fit for you according to His best!




No comments: