Sunday, May 27, 2012

God Remembers

There are some things I've been asking God to do for a while so I can step into some of the things he's called me to.  I guess it's no secret that sometimes I feel trapped behind the piano during worship.  I know that God has put me there for a season.  God has increased my ability so much since I've been there, for His glory.  I truly believe he has given me a gift to be used for his purposes and it just comes so naturally.  But I have a hard time choosing between my responsibility (playing the piano and facilitating worship) and seeking to be used by God in other ways.  I know God has called me to some other things and has used me in other ways before, but I also feel that sometimes God chooses not to use me in certain ways or at certain times during the service because my leaving the piano mid-worship would hinder the flow of God's spirit more than my obedience would help it.  So I kinda feel penalized, if that makes sense. 

So today God reminded me he hasn't forgotten me and he knows how I feel and he does have plans.  So, God, I trust you to do what you promised. To raise up more piano players. To give me freedom to be used by you in anyway you desire.

On a side, but related note, I am seriously considering attending a Saturday night service at a church that is right across the street from our new house when I get a chance.  I just feel like I need to be able to go somewhere and give God the opportunity to speak clearly to me without the distractions of playing the piano and making sure my kids are doing what they should.  I don't plan on changing churches, but I've heard great things about this non-denominational church and specifically their worship, so I really want to give it and God a chance.  A sort of me and God time where no one knows me and I can just get refreshed and restored when time allows.

God is definitely up to something and I'm excited to see where he is taking me.

No comments: