Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prego Post #1

I realize I have a ton to catch you up on since my last Wordless Wednesday post.  I don't have the brain capacity or time to get that all done in this post but I will attempt to get something on here so I have some thing to come back to in the future.

We found out we were pregnant on March 13th.  Let me back up to say that we had been trying to conceive (TTC) for 3.5 years.  During that time we did fertility treatments, tried charting and timing, and the whole "don't think about it and it will happen" method.  By the way, please don't ever tell someone who has been TTC to stop thinking about it.  It's like telling us to stop breathing.  Seriously. So not easy to do.  Last summer when I had the diagnostic laparoscopy and found out everything was perfect, I knew that it just wasn't God's time.  Let me tell you I am so thankful for a doctor who from the beginning said that God was the creator of life and when it was his time then he would allow us to conceive.  Hearing it when you are in the time of waiting isn't always encouraging and doesn't stop the disappointment, but it was a constant reminder to stop looking at how big our struggles were and start looking at how big our God is.

So on March 13th, I was 3 days late and decided to finally take a pregnancy test.  When you have taken more pregnancy tests than you can count, let me say that it takes a lot of faith to take another test.  Over the time I tried not to over think every late period and honestly didn't want to waste another test. And I had never seen a positive pregnancy test and was beginning to wonder if there really was such a thing.  But I mustered up the courage and the took the test.  I went on to go get dressed and came back to the test after the waiting time to see two pink lines.  I went in and told Bj and I don't think he believed me at first. I was still in denial probably until I got the first ultrasound at 9 weeks. I guess I have tried so hard to not get my hopes up or set myself up for disappointment and have stop letting myself hope or wish I would ever be pregnant.  Because getting your hopes and dreams crushed month after month is so hard. So Hard.  I really tried to convince myself that even if it never happened I would be okay.  I would be happy with my three beautiful children. And as much as I love my kids, I don't think I would ever feel complete, our family would ever feel complete, without this last addition.  The last promise from God for our family fulfilled.

So we decided to not tell anyone until after the first trimester.  After I survived one day at work, wanting to share my news multiple times throughout the day, barely keeping my mouth shut, I decided that would never work.  We would wait to post things publicly on facebook and the blog, but we decided to tell our families and church family so they could help us trust God for a healthy baby and pregnancy basically from the beginning.  That night at dinner we told the kids.  They were mostly excited, but there was a little bit of hesitation, as can be expected.  We told them this didn't change anything about them or how we felt about them and that we would still go through with the adoption and they would be with us the whole time and would get to help us plan for and welcome a 6th family member.  We let the kids call the grandparents and my sister.  No one believed us.  I wasn't really surprised since K had been talking about the baby in my belly since they moved in months ago.  Wednesday the word spread to church and out from there.

I was sick off and on for most of the first trimester, but have been feeling good for about 4-5 days so I think all of that morning sickness is passed.  Now my back is starting to hurt as my body is getting pushed out of its normal position and the baby is starting to make its presence known.  I am showing a little, but I can hide it if I want.  But I have decided to milk it for all its worth.  I am only doing this once and want to remember this special time in our lives.  Okay, some pics:
                                                              
9 Weeks
10 Weeks
                           
11 Weeks
12 weeks
I think I am showing a little bit, but I don't really see the change between these pics. I do know that I have started wearing maternity shirts mainly because I have so many that were given to me (thank you Shannon!) and because they are comfy.  I also have a couple belly bands which have been life savers.  My pants do not fit comfortably  but I am not in maternity yet.  So, obviously I've never done these pics before and I can't decide if i need to just wear tighter shirts for every pic or hold my shirts tighter to my body so you can see my baby bump.  Any one have an opinion?

I don't know if I've posted this or not, but I've lost 10 pounds since the kids moved in 6 months ago.  So now that I am finally over being sick, I expect to start gaining weight.  I still weigh a pound or two less than when I found out I was pregnant.  I haven't been hungry really so far. I'm sure I'll gain plenty of weight to catch up.

We don't have an adoption date, but we should have one soon.  

And we are trying to sell our house and move this summer. So we packed up some of the things in our house on Saturday, so the house would look bigger, and we got the house listed on Saturday. We have found a house we'd love to have, if we can only sell ours. And I remind myself again that God's plans are better than mine and he will take care of us as far as the house hunting is going. Even if isn't the way I hope or wish it would turn out.  It will be even better.  I am trying to pack a little every day or at least on the weekends to get some of the "extra stuff" packed so we have less to do when we actually do have to move.  I hate moving, but God it able. And the house needs to stay clean most of the time since people could some see it any day. And I've been told that I can't lift much so it sounds like I'll be mostly supervising when we actually do move. I couldn't have planned that better myself.

God is doing some interesting things with me that I hope to share later (because this post is already long enough to count for two).

And I need a new blog name, you know, since there are 6 of us now.  So if you are the creative type, let me know any ideas you may have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo excited!!! You look amazing!!!! Opinion: I think you should wear what you want and hold your belly for pics. You are SO CUTE! We need to have a girls night soon!!
Shay

Anonymous said...

new title
...and God said
...because He is God and I'm not
or the blessed family
or the half dozen Fowlers
or 1/2 dozen Fowlers
or not so serious
maybe just everyone initials
Oh have fun and decide on something original!!!haha

Jade Clark said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!! What a blessing!!!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Congrats sweetie!! What an enormous blessing!! 4 of them!! :)

"Just the 6 of us"

Praying with you for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby!