Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ephesians 1:11-12

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."

I have been in Wisconsin for the past couple of days and it has been such a spiritually rich time. I have had the opportunity to share our story about infertility, adoption, and our new blessing on the way. I have also heard about the journey God has taken others on and the reoccurring theme has been God's faithfulness. I knew that I would run into friends from college and get to catch up but I never dreamed I would feel God's presence and love so strong throughout the entire trip. The divine appointments God has set up have been so encouraging and a constant reminder that yes, God is faithful and he has orchestrated our lives and he had planned every detail. Every struggle has been worth it just to know that we are right where God wants us to be. And God has confirmed just that time and again in this short trip. Sometimes in the busyness of life you get consumed with the day to day and don't take time to reflect on how great God has been and how he has provided and how he has shown his love over and over.

Stacy and Dan's wedding is this afternoon and I am looking forward to the ceremony which is not really traditional but is filled with God moments. Testimonies, worship songs, and God's presence from start to finish. It will be awesome and I am so glad to be a part of it.

I am so glad I made the trip up here so I could get encouraged and refreshed and ready to return to the chaos of my normal life with a fresh perspective of the goodness of God.

No comments: