Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy 3 Months, Seth!



Wow! I can't believe you are three months old already! Where has the time gone? At your doctor's appointment last week you were weighing in at 10lbs 12oz and 23 inches long.  You are still in size 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  Since you are so skinny, some newborn pants fit you if they are long enough. We have finally got you eating often enough to gain enough weight to keep the doctors happy.  I promise I would never deprive you of food intentionally, you are just so laid back, it took a while to realize you were hungry even if you weren't making your needs known.  We had your baby dedication on February 3rd at church.



In the past few weeks you have really changed a lot.  I think you are at my favorite stage so far.  I do love  a tiny sleeping baby, but one who smiles and coos at you and has a personality makes my heart smile. Your smile lights up a room.  All the people at church love you and love making you smile and talk to them.  You are eating 4-5 ounces every 3 hours during the day and less often at night.  I thought you were aware of your surroundings before, but you are definitely becoming a people person.  You love when we talk to you or about you. When you get excited you kick your legs and wave your arms as can be seen in most of your pictures where your arms and/or legs are blurry.  Since we switched you to eating every three hours during the day, you have a much more predictable night schedule.  You sleep for a 6-7 hour stretch and then a 4 hour stretch at night time. And you are pretty good at laying down tired, but not asleep, and putting yourself to sleep. Some times you want to talk yourself to sleep and I'm afraid you'll wake up Katelynn, so I let you sleep in your pack n play in our room instead of your crib. You have found yourself in the mirror on the changing table and in the car and love to watch yourself and talk to yourself. You are quite a social little guy.
In the past months you have definitely stolen some hearts. Besides your family, which is a given, Mrs. Lydia and Mrs. Margie who watch you at church have fallen in love with you. Also, you have some adopted great-grandparents in Ken and Linda Everly. They got to watch you one day when Nana was sick and Martha was sick and you have them wrapped around your little finger.  Also, Lisa Pruitt always asks to hold you.  I guess you are just so cute, everyone loves being around you.  That's what happens when you are the only baby at a church that is pretty much like a big family.  And when they have all also been praying for us and for you for years. But no matter that you are social and really pretty good with anyone, you always know when I walk in a room.  You hear my voice and immediately start looking for me.  Not always so that you can go to me.  You are usually content with anyone, but just want to know where I am if I'm near.

You have found your hands and have a strong grip on anything you can get your hands on. Of course, everything ends up in your mouth. You also try to imitate others when they talk to you or make noises for you.  Your cute little tongue seems to get in the way of you talking as you haven't figured out what to do with it.

When you were first born, I found myself calling you "Sweetheart" a lot. That is also what I call your brothers and sisters.  Recently your nickname has been shortened down to just "Sweets" or "Little guy" or "Sweet boy."

I could hold you and watch you all day.  We are so blessed that God gave you to us and are so grateful he has allowed us to be your parents.  I think you are the cutest baby ever, but I'm a little partial.  I love you more than I ever thought possible.  You are amazing because God made you perfectly to become who he planned for you to be! I can't wait to see your personality form and to see you grow up.  But don't rush it! I'm enjoying you right now while you are little. I don't want to miss a moment.

Love,

Mommy


No comments: