Monday, February 11, 2013

Life Goes On

Yes, it most certainly does.  I must apologize for my blogging hiatus.  I have so many thoughts going through my mind and yet life's a little busy right now and I haven't made it a priority to get some things documented here.

If you'll notice, the last time I blogged was the second day back to work after being off with my sweatheart, Seth. So I am definitely having to adjust to a new normal.  You know, the work full time, mom full time normal.  I was both of these things before with my older children, but its different when this tiny human depends on you so much for everything. 

And most evenings BJ is on the computer so I just check facebook and such from my phone while watching TV in my hour or so of downtime after the kids go to sleep and before I do.  I could blog from my phone, but it takes a lot longer to type.

There is another reason the blogging has stopped that I haven't really wanted to address until now.  Things were going swimmingly until Seth's 2 month appointment. That is when the other frustration began.  I am sure I didn't need something else to be thrown in the mix in order for my life to be over-full, and yet, here we are.  I was totally ready to post a "Happy 2 Month" post, but I didn't come back from the doctor happy and it just ruined my plans.  (And being busy at work with January payroll didn't make blogging easy on me.)

At the two month appointment began the struggle of weight.  Not mine, his (although some would say I need to gain weight too).  Because the doctor wasn't happy with the amount of weight Seth was gaining. I thought I was doing everything I should and Seth seemed to be eating well and was generally a happy baby so I was crushed to learn he wasn't gaining enough weight.  If you'll remember, we had this issue shortly after he was born. He was too small, wasn't gaining enough weight, blah blah blah. It's hard to be a mom and its even harder to exclusively breastfeed., and then they tell you he isn't eating enough and it rocks your world (remember, I am still hormonal, so what might not bother you bothered me.) So the consensus at that doctor's appointment was that my milk didn't have enough calories in it so Seth wasn't getting enough calories.  I admit, I haven't done the best at eating, not really because I'm too busy, but because my stomach shrunk when I was pregnant and I am just not really hungry a lot of the time. So the plan was for me to eat more calories (2500 a day) and drink more whole milk to increase my calories and fat intake.  So we tried that for a week, took him back to the doctor and Seth still didn't gain enough weight. And I cried again. So plan B included feeding Seth more often and me intentionally eating more calories each day. Two weeks later we were back at the doctor and finally got the okay on his weight gain. I know that doesn't seem like that big of a deal to anyone else, but to me, it was just one more frustration on top of everything else.  I felt like Seth and I had a schedule and were doing well on it and then we got the disapproval of the doctors (or that's what it felt like to me) and had to start over again.  But, praise God that is over now! I am still eating more and feeding him more because I don't want to have to deal with another emotional blow when we go back at his 4 month checkup if they aren't happy with his weight gain again.

So all of that to say, now the elephant in the room has been addressed (and I feel better about it all), I hope to be able to blog more often.  I still need to do a 2 month post for Seth, Haley's birthday extravaganza post and then Seth's three month post as he will be 3 months old on Thursday.  It is so hard to believe my sweetheart is getting so big. Oh, and God has been speaking to me and I haven't had the energy to share here, so maybe some of that will be coming in the next few weeks or so.

Let me leave you with a few pictures, just because I can.

So excited! 12 weeks 4 days
Some days, they even like each other.

No comments: