Monday, February 25, 2013

The Nineties

Honestly, I don't have a clue where my kids come up with these things.  In the past few weeks my kids have started asking questions about the nineties.

Were there schools in the nineties?
Were there cars in the nineties? 
Were you alive in the nineties? (And because I was, I must be really old. And since I was born in the eighties, before the nineties, I must be ancient. Ha!)

According to them, if something happened a long time ago in history, it must have been in the nineties. I laugh and realize what our parents thought about all of our questions about the seventies when we were growing up. 

I'm not quite sure what the interest in the nineties is, but something got their curiosity peaked.

While we are on the topic of random discussions, Katelynn is just the queen of random, and just talking in general  Friday night I was taking her to a church event (it was just her and sleeping Seth in the car with me) and the girl wouldn't close her mouth for more than 2 seconds.  If you've ever met my sweet girl, who is the definition of social, you'll know she thinks out loud. All. The. Time. So we know exactly why she does everything, what thought process she went through to make every decision, and basically everything she has ever thought in her lifetime.

My life is definitely different then when I didn't have kids.  There is never a dull moment and I laugh a whole lot more often.  Kids are good for me. They help me relax and not take myself so seriously.


No comments: