Thursday, January 30, 2014

Katey Kate

My focus lately has been on my older two who seem to demanding my attention. All the while Katelynn seems to coast along under the radar. I love my sweet girl and really don't mean for her to be overlooked, but that just happens from time to time in a larger family. So tonight, she gets a whole blog dedicated to her.

Earlier this week, she came home from school saying she no longer needed to stay back with her teacher to work on her reading skills. (They have intervention time each day where kids get some extra help as needed or just time to finish incompleted work.) Tonight at Open House Mrs. Brittain told us Katelynn is reading on a second grade level and is only half way through first. Earlier in the year she was testing below where she should have been, so I am so proud of her hard work and thankful that God has helped her catch up. Praise God! I am so hopeful that school will be easier for her than her older siblings. I have seen first hand what a big role your ability to read plays in your education as a whole. (I am not meaning to put my older two down, but just to show how important stability is in the early school years. My older two are just having to work harder than Katelynn has at least partially due to their years in foster care and moving around during foundational school years. God is able to get them where they should be in time, but we aren't there yet.)

Way to go Katelynn!! You are such a blessing to us!!

No comments: