Saturday, January 18, 2014

Made for This

Some days I am just so discouraged about all of the things my kids have to endure. Because of their life before us. It just isn't fair. For them.

Just when I feel like we have a handle on everything, something else changes. Right now I am in the middle of learning disability testing for Haley (if nothing else, to rule this out) and what we think are anxiety issues with Daniel. (On a side note, every time I think about having a 5th child, something else shows up to discourage that thought. I'd really like to get a handle on helping the kids I have before I add a 5th to the mix, if at all.)

So this week God has been gently reminding me that nothing is impossible for him. Nothing. And that he called me, chose me, made me just for this life that I'm living. To be their mom. To show them God's love. To be here, in this moment, living by God's grace and learning to trust him more.

This week my mom showed me this letter Haley wrote to God.
It says:

Deat God!
I love you! I am glad I know you because I would never know you if I was with my real mom and dad, but I know you now!
Love Haley 
What a great reminder that we are doing something right. Yes, it is hard and can be overwhelming, this task we've been given. But we are exactly where we are supposed to be and even if we don't always see the results of our labor, we were made for this.


No comments: