Sunday, February 9, 2014

Super Sunday

This morning's church service was amazing! God showed up to love on his people and spoke directly to me. There is nothing I love more than feeling so loved by God! There are some big things God is about to start doing in me and through me. Praise God!

Today we sang one of my favorite worship songs "The More I Seek You" and God very clearly showed me some things in the lyrics.
The more i seek you,
the more i find you.

The more i find you,
the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath,
hear your heart beat

This love is so deep,
it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming
"I wanna sit at your feet"
-This is the place of discipleship and learning. Like Mary in Luke 10 sat at the Master's feet while Martha was busy being an accommodating host and taking care of other matters.  Do we really want to take the time to sit and learn what God wants us to know or are we too busy to pause our life and our schedules for that?

"Drink from the cup in your hand"
-The cup holds all that God has for us and all that he wants us to participate in. It could be a cup of blessing or it could be a cup of suffering. As Jesus cried in the Garden of Gethsemene, "Let this cup be taken from me. But not as I will but as you will."  Are we willing to partake in the fullness of God, knowing that sometimes it is not what we would choose for ourselves? Will we obey when we don'y understand?

"Lay down against you and breath"
-Ever need a breather? A moment to rest?  I know I do and when I draw close to God, I can get a break. There I can find rest for the weary soul. Refreshing for the tired and restoration from the toil the struggles have had on my mind and emotions. This is the place where we learn to "be still and know that (he) is God."

"Feel your heartbeat"
-The more time we spend seeking God and being in his presence, the more we begin to understand his ways and his motivations. We learn what moves the very heart of God and our heartbeat evolves to his.

A relationship with God involves all of these things. Times of learning. Times of obedience and surrender. Times of rest and trust. Times of just being with him and learning from him.

A friend posted this week on facebook "We are as close to God as we choose to be." And when we want more of God, we can seek him more and we will find that he is all that we've ever needed.


No comments: