Saturday, May 10, 2014

Yo Yo

Emotionally I feel a little bit all over the place. After I was so glad to get things resolved about Haley, I got a phone call from her principal on Wednesday evening. She basically apologized for not being in the first meeting and wanted to meet with me and share her opinion on the whole ordeal. I knew this meant they wanted me to reconsider my decision to retain Haley and that made me mad and frustrated. Nonetheless, I decided to meet with her on Friday morning.

Without getting into too many details, she basically felt that with Haley's grades being so close to passing, and the fact that we can attribute the deficit to her learning disability, holding her back would be more detrimental than helpful to her. She shared some more information with me and some of her experiences and I really felt like she wants what is best for Haley. Some how we got on the topic of prayer and trusting God and I found out that she too is a Christian. She was in tears (as was I) and I really feel much better about the 5th grade option after the meeting.

The second meeting was much more helpful to me than the first. They shared with me how the support system/extra help for Haley will be different than it was before and really made me feel better about her going on to 5th. Since they started the new help (and since I initially told Haley that we were holding her back), Haley 's grades have improved dramatically. Those two items among other things are making me rethink what we are doing for her.

I am praying about what to do. I feel weak for even considering changing my mind, but I guess new information can change any situation. Haley has been trying to pry info out of Bj about what we are doing. I know she wants to go on to 5th and is just anxious to know one way or another. Honestly, I don't know what we will decide. Either way there is always a "what if" to think about. I am just trusting that God will give us wisdom to make the right choice for my sweet girl. I love her so much and just want to do what is best for her.

.

No comments: