Monday, May 5, 2014

Remain in Him

After the great things God has been doing in my life and the lives of my kids, I feel like I am spiritually in a holding tank. A time where I need to keep going one day at a time, being faithful to God and all that he has called me to. A time of preparation and waiting. I am tired and worn and I am trying to take this time to just rest in God and regain some strength while I wait.

When we are in a waiting place, the devil tries to use that time to get in our heads and convince us that we are forgotten or that God didn't really say what we remember. So I am intentionally getting in the Word to gain my strength, to deepen my spiritual foundation in preparation for their days ahead and whatever God has for me next.

I am doing a personal study on the anointing of God. Last night, God led me to a verse that I've never noticed before and it was just the confirmation I needed for the moment.

I John 2:27-28
And for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.  And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.

A few thoughts (for me and whoever else needs to hear this):
⚫God has not taken away the calling he has given you and the anointing he has placed on you. Just because you don't see it or feel it like you once did doesn't change what God has in store. Trust him!!
⚫God teaches us about all things through his anointing. I think we can lean on others to teach us and forget that the Holy Spirit is a teacher and he shows us who God is and teaches us what we need to know according to the will of God for our lives. We need to learn to be good students and let the Holy Spirit teach us what God wants us to learn.
⚫The anointing God has given is real, the same anointing that was on Jesus to do the Father's will. (This gets me excited!!)
⚫Our job is to remain in him. Stop trying to rush things or figure it out, but just stay close to his side and let him lead us.
⚫By remaining in God, we gain confidence that we are in the center of God's will and we are not easily convinced otherwise. He is our confidence!!

So I am each day learning to remain in him and keeping my spiritual ears and eyes open for wherever God is leading so I can follow him and be right where he wants me to be.

No comments: