Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Surprised by God

As usual, there are some things that I have been praying about and just trusting and waiting to see what God was going to do. I have learned that God knows best and that it is not worth me stressing about it or carrying a burden, but rather I have learned to give it to God and just pray for his will in every part of my life. (This may make me sound like I never struggle with believing God, which is definitely not the case, but honestly, my life is very full right now, which can definitely keep me from worrying about things unnecessarily.)

So Sunday when Pastor asked me when I wanted to preach again, I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. You'd think since I was trusting God to open doors in his timing that I would have been expecting God to do just that, but God's faithfulness was way above my belief level. Not because I didn't think it would ever happen, I just wasn't expecting it so soon.

Right after I brought the message last time, I was asked when I was going to preach again. Without hesitation, I answered whenever I was asked to. And so God facilitated that for me. This time I have no idea what God wants me to speak about, so I am waiting for direction for that, but I know God always equips us to do what he has called us to do, so that doesn't worry me.

I am looking at some time at the end of June or beginning of July as far as dates, so please pray with me as I prepare for this opportunity God has given me. If any of you (that don't normally attend church with me) are interested in coming, please let me know and I will keep you in the loop as things get finalized.

No comments: