Tuesday, June 3, 2014

No kids!

B.J. and I were able to take a trip to celebrate our 10th anniversary with no kids the weekend of May 22nd.  Did I mention there were no kids?  This hasn't happened since before we had the kids the summer of 2011. We have been on date nights on occasion but we haven't been totally childless in a long time.

We were able to go down to Port Aransas for a few nights and really had a great time. On the way down, we went zip lining around Lake Travis which was awesome!  We have been before, but I would say this was the best course I've been on. The longest cable was 2800 feet. It was a ton of fun! I am always trying to figure out the best way to go the fastest on these things, but BJ always seems to beat me. I say its because he weighs more than me so he has more momentum. He says he's just better at it. I am right and he is wrong. (Ha!) This is one of the things we really enjoy. You get to be outside, usually hiking between lines and then just enjoying nature.

 The condo we stayed at was awesome! One of BJ's friends let us use it and we will definitely be back. Maybe next time with kids. It is 306 Mayan Princess if anyone is interested in going down that way. I would highly recommend it.


This picture is taken from the ocean looking at the condo, with our little beach setup in between. BJ is reading a book in the shade.

It was very relaxing and really a good time of reconnecting with my love. We had great conversation and got to play some games and read some and just do whatever we wanted with no kid interruption or input required. Its a great thing I tell you.

BJ is not the same person I married 10 years ago and I'm sure I'm not the same either. We are better. God is changing us, growing us, and making us into the people he has called us to be. I love spending time with the man God has blessed me with.

Here's a little throw back picture to our 5 year anniversary. I don't think we've changed much, besides my ever increasing grey hair.


No comments: