Saturday, April 25, 2015

Too Much

There are days when my relationship with God are dry. There are days when I'm filled with God's presence and find myself lost in worship. And there are days when God explodes his word to me and I feast on the richest of truths. The depths of who God is and can be in my life if I let him.

The past couple of days have been the latter and it has been too much in the best way possible.  Coming out of a very spiritually dry place in my life, I have realized how good it is to soak in the word, to listen when God speaks, to study God's word and let him teach me.  If you've never been there, there are really no words to describe it. Oh, the goodness of God!

By nature, I am a worshipper. Maybe that is partially due to my upbringing in a musical family that has always been very involved in worship.  But I am becoming more of a lover of the Word. I look forward to studying verses and seeing what they mean and letting God show me more. And he has given me a taste and created a hunger for his word that draws me back, day after day.

I am amazed at the way God moves us, grows us, relates with us. I am overwhelmed that he desires to be with me. Despite my failures, and there are many, his grace is sufficient and he continues to call me his daughter and show me more than I could ever expect or imagine.

No comments: