Tuesday, July 21, 2015

33W6D

How Far Along: 33 Weeks 6 Days
Size of the Baby: About 18 inches long, and 4 3/4 lbs, the size of a cantaloupe.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:14 pounds gained total, but I feel like a whale. Dr W is so proud of me. He says he wishes all of his patients would gain so little. It'd make his job easier. The thing is, Julia will gain her weight, and normal hormonal cravings, without going crazy, will take care of the extra calories baby needs. I looked back at my posts with Seth and the last time I updated (I think like a week before he was born) I had gained 19 pounds, so I guess I'm on goal to do about the same.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I am so ready for normal clothes. I refuse to buy anything else for the remaining 6 weeks or less, so I just have to make do with what I have. I am feeling really huge and some of my blouse shirts that are not stretchy are getting really tight about my belly.
Gender:Girl~ Julia Renee.
Movement: All the time.She moves more in the evening than the morning, but I think maybe I'm just still enough to notice her moving more. My life as wife and mom to 4 kids doesn't slow down for anything or anyone, so yeah, I'm pretty busy.
What I Miss Most: Getting up and down with ease, flexibility, sleeping on my belly.
Cravings: None really. Been pretty careful with my eating and feeling overfull has helped.
Symptoms: sore breasts, tiredness, feeling tight in my stomach, shortness of breath, getting sore from being in one position too long, just feeling pregnant.
Best Moment of the week: Compliments from Dr W about my weight and feeling like I can eat whatever I want (because I'm eating so little at a time) and not worry about gaining weight. Also, I have one more 2 week appointment and then we go to once a week. Next appointment I have my Group B Strep test and I'll start getting checked for cervix dilation and effacement. This pregnancy is soon coming to an end.

Between now and the next appointment, I have two baby showers scheduled. I'm excited to see friends I don't see so often. It's really not about the gifts for me, although I am very appreciative of them and I do love to see girlie clothes since I'm not used to that. I just like getting together with old friends.

Speaking of old friends (not friends that are old, friends I've known for a while) one of my friends from my high school years is coming to see me in about 4 weeks from Virginia. She was one of my youth pastors and we have just staying in touch over the years. I'm excited to see her and catch up.

There is a lot to do in the next 6 weeks, some for Julia, some for the Missionettes (girls group at church I'm in charge of),  some to get the kids ready for school, and some for football (which Daniel starts next week and we are basically done with). That doesn't even count getting things wrapped up at work so I can be off with Julia. But I'm trying to just take it one day at a time and get done what i can when I can. It will all get done, it always does, and if it doesn't we make do.

No comments: