Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Things You Forget

I don't forget many things. Especially if it is important to me. I kind of pride myself in remembering details about others. It's part of the way I show others that I care. (And that was not at all where I was going with this blog.)

I am amazed at the things about my delivery of Seth that I don't remember. I mean that is why people decide to have more kids after all. I know that it was not traumatic and I remember many details, just not all of them. So even though I've done this before, I feel like there is still a lot that is unknown at this point.

I do know that I am not nervous about the induction and I'm not adamantly against an epidural like I tried to be last time. Been there, done that, overall a good experience for me.

I'm a little more nervous about how Julia is doing, mainly because Dr W is concerned she is small. Seth was small, so I should be used to that and yet it makes me a little nervous. It helps me a little that she keeps moving and we have heard a strong heartbeat from the very beginning.

I think the realist in me won't let me assume it will all go like last time. Praying everything will go smoothly, though. When I look back, I realize there were some hiccups in Seth's delivery that I was too naive to be worried about in the moment. I'm praying for a little of that again. I want to enjoy this experience as much as the first one without unnecessary worrying.

I do plan to take better notes throughout the process to help me remember more what happened and when. I think the timeline of Seth's delivery day is what I don't remember the most, so I plan to change that this time.

It's hard to believe that we are less than a week away from Julia's birth.

I plan to update facebook and/or the blog from the hospital, so stay tuned for the next adventure in our lives. Don't know if I'll blog again before then. Depends on how my next week goes.

No comments: