Friday, September 11, 2015

2 Week Checkup

Today Julia had her 2 week checkup. She weighs 7 lbs 14 oz (which is up a pound from discharge and more than birth weight, is 20.25 inches long, and has a 13.58 inch head circumference. These are all totally within normal range (pretty close to 50th percentile actually) which I am not used to.

Today we got to see Dr. Tran, who I really learned to love when Seth was little and we were having all his weight issues. She was surprised to see me and asked about Seth. I think I'll take him with me when we go back to the doctor in ONE MONTH!! At this point with Seth we were going back every week or so for weight checks, so one month between visits is a big deal!

In the past two weeks our sweet girl has changed a lot. In the past few days she has started being aware more during the day instead of just sleeping all the time. Last evening she ate at 6:30, 8, 9, 10, and 12. Cluster feeding is for the birds. But she did sleep until I woke her up at 7 to get ready for the doctor, so there are some advantages I suppose. It just made the evening really long. I suppose she can't be super easy all the time. Bj said she was making up for lost time. 

And she can wear some of her 0-3 month clothes. Seth was 6 weeks behind in clothes and still wears smaller clothes. Maybe this is an indication that she'll be truer to her correct size compared to her age. She has a lot of 0-3 month clothes, so I'd better start going through them all before she's too big. I seriously think she could never repeat clothes before she moves up a size again. She is in size 1 diapers but I will use up the 3-4 newborns I have left soon while they are doable.

Today I heard Seth telling Julia "its okay mommy's here." She wasn't crying but he informed me he was telling her so she'd feel safer. He is such a sweet boy!

Sunday Bj goes back to work so I start my new normal of taking the kids to school and picking them up with the littles in tow. I just have to get them all in the car (with jammies on) by 7:30 and get Seth's nap done early enough I don't have to wake him to pick the kids up.

5 more weeks until the new normal changes again and I go back to work. A little bit at a time we are getting back to real life as a family of 7.

No comments: