Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One Month Already

I had great plans to blog while at home with the littles, but we can all see how well that is going. But I am doing Julia's one month blog today while I'm home with just my sweet girl! Seth is with Nana and they are going to play in the water at a splash pad. I'm sure he'll have so much fun today.


Unlike with Seth, Julia hasn't been to the doctor as often, so my last record of her size is at 2 weeks which was 7 lbs 14 oz and 19.75 inches long. I know she is growing well as her legs and arms have gained an extra crease. She is looking like a chunky breastfed baby and I love it.

She is a great eater still, eating every 3 hours during the day and going for a 6 hour stretch at night. I moved her to her crib the day she turned 4 weeks old. She woke up every 3 hours all night, so I moved her back to our room with the Rock N Play so we could both get more sleep. I moved Seth at 6 weeks so will try to move her again next week sometime maybe. I am not awake with every breath like I was the first time, so she isn't disturbing my sleep by being in our room. I am a big proponent of getting babies to their own rooms as soon as possible for the sake of the parents and their marriage, so she won't be staying much longer.

She can wear some of her newborn clothes, but is mostly in 0-3 months. Yeah for babies fitting in their size only one month after birth!

She is starting to smile and talk some when you talk to her. It is so cute but I haven't managed to catch it in a picture yet. 

She is gassy/has tummy problems some, so she prefers to be on my chest or lay on her side or flat on her back rather than cradled. I'm hoping this will soon mean she'll like sleeping in her crib rather than the Rock N Play which cradles her. I need to buy some music/light toy to put in her crib at night and maybe it'll entertain her while she falls asleep. She prefers to stare at the ceiling/light while laying on her back, but gets bored in the dark, which makes her fussy. Since I keep going back to this, I guess sleeping in her crib is pretty high on my priority list.

I love dressing Julia up just because I can. I remember going to visit Jill and baby Erin when she was about 6 weeks old and the girl had never worn a bow. I dressed her up for church including all the accessories during my visit. Now I get to do it with my living baby doll. I don't always dress her up, but definitely when she has visitors or is going anywhere she gets dressed up complete with bow (half of the time the head band is too big but I keep trying.)

I found Mama (an online app powered by Wish) that sells all things baby and mom for really cheap. I bought Julia a couple of pairs of tennis shoes that look like Converse for $4 each. Can't wait to get those. I'm really trying not to buy clothes until I make it through all that she has currently. 

We've had one visitor at home so far and have another coming this week. It's been very low key. Our schedule currently includes taking the kids to school, eating breakfast and watching a movie in the morning with Seth, eating lunch, Seth napping from 12-3 (while I watch adult TV, shower, get dressed and do laundry/chores), and then loading up the littles to pick kids up from school. Once they're home we have homework and dinner preparation before Daniel goes to football practice at 6. Bed time is at 8 and whenever Daniel gets home.

Seth definitely makes having a new born interesting. He is being a strong willed 2 year old, so that is fun. I guess the rest of my life is resolved around being consistent with him when he tries to assert his independence during the day.

I set up the baby monitor cameras this week. One is set in our bedroom so I can watch Seth while he naps during the day and the other on Julia's crib. Once I set it up, it had an interesting affect on Seth. I told him that I could see him and he would need to stay on the bed and take his nap. The monitor has a talk back button so I used it to tell him to lay down and go to sleep the first day. It scared him into submission and he has since talked about the camera talking to him so he needed to obey. He also hides under the pillows so the camera can't see him while he sleeps. And being still while hiding is just the thing that he needs to lay down and take his nap with much less of a struggle.  I think it's kinda funny that he hides while he sleeps, but whatever works. He keeps warning Julia that she needs to stay laying down or the camera will talk to her. Funny guy!

Today Julia and I are taking Daniel lunch and tomorrow Haley is on the schedule. Seth goes to Bible Study Fellowship with my mom on Wednesdays so I plan the few errands I've run on those days or Fridays when Bj is scheduled off. I haven't attempted errands with the two littles by myself because I haven't had to. I did take them to the park one day last week and learned to take a stroller in the future. I had Julia in the Moby and when Seth got tired, I had him on my back. That was crazy!

3 more weeks of lazy!


No comments: