Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Prepare to be Pushed

Today I texted a friend and told them "Can you please tell God I'm busy? He doesn't seem to be listening to me." I was being silly, of course, but I am just amazed how much God pushes us when we feel like we can't be pushed any more.

Lately I've been praying for direction, open doors and next steps. That I would listen enough to hear God when he speaks/leads and be obedient. There are a few different areas where God is leading me (and I'm not free to share yet) but the how and when is MIA. So I just keep praying and waiting and preparing myself as best as I know how and according to what God has showed me. Waiting for the timing. I know His is perfect so I wait. Cause doing the right thing (the God led thing) at the wrong time is still the wrong thing just like doing the wrong thing at the right time (God's time) is the wrong thing.

So the majority of the church renovation is done. We had our dedication service last week. That is just the first step, first part of Vision 2020. About 6 months ago our pastor laid out a vision for our church: 200 people by the year 2020. Step one: get the facilities ready to handle to growth. Check. So what's next? Well next is where we become light, where we put ourselves out there. Invite people. Invest in people. Pursue people like God does. Love people. And God starts pushing us past what we think we are capable of. If our action is kept in the realm of what is natural and comfortable for us, God doesn't have to show up and we don't have to depend on him. So he pushes us. And pushes us. And pushes us. Until we walk the way he is leading (For some of us, he has to push more than others. Guilty!)

Just yesterday someone brought me an idea and I immediately dismissed it as stupid and really undesirable or pointless. By the time I woke up this morning God had filled out the details for that exact idea and I was actually excited and ready to go with it. I was shocked how quickly He changed my position from opposition to a facilitator. And I didn't even feel like I was being pursuaded. I don't really know how He did it.

And if God is moving and speaking to anyone else like he is to me, let me just warn you all to be ready to be pushed. In directions you couldn't anticipate. With purpose that was totally understated and unseen. All for his kingdom.

And if you are unwilling to be pushed past your limits, you'd better get out of the way. Because "Who can stop the Lord almight?" You can get on his team, or move over. Either get on board with his plans or watch his plans go forward without you. It's your choice, so make the right one.

No comments: