Monday, April 27, 2015

21W5D


Julia 22 Weeks
Seth 22 Weeks



















How Far Along: 21 Weeks 5 Days
Size of the Baby: About 10 1/2 inches long, the size of a carrot.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8 pound gained.This means I had a 6 pound month. Dr W. warned me we didn't need big weight gains like that each time, but since I was only up to 8 pounds total, he gave me a pass. I've been saying I thought I weighed more, so now that his scale shows that as well, I don't think I'll have to worry about the upcoming scolding. I am just hoping that if I nurse Julia as long as I did Seth, then the weight will come right off like it did last time. I came home from the hospital and put my regular jeans on. For some reason, I have feared gaining weight as an adult because I really don't want to have to be disciplined enough to lose the weight. So, I guess this is God's way of telling me to chill out and enjoy this time. I am so not naturally good at that.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. On occasion I can wear a non-maternity top if it's a less fitted style, but pants are limited to either maternity or loose like lounge/pajama pants.
Gender:GIRL~ Julia Renee. I am so blessed God has given me the desires of my heart. A while back I wrote in my journal "When I thought my influence and impact was small, you provided abundance of capacity and filled my life with lives to direct and mold according to your ways. May I never forget the emptiness that was and the fullness that is." So God has blessed me with 5 wonderful kids, girl boy order from oldest to youngest. I love it when I see God's plan come together and he gives me just what I want. I am well aware, that God doesn't always give us what we want, but sometimes, he does, and I am grateful for that.
Movement: About 2 weeks ago I started feeling our sweetheart move at least once a day. It reminds me more of when Seth would move (like roll or switch positions) more than just a subtle kick or movement. Obviously not as strong as in the end of my last pregnancy, but that's still what I think I'm feeling. No one else has felt it yet, but that took a while last time too.
What I Miss Most: Really feeling pretty good right now. Not too many things are different than my normal life. Eat whatever I want, but get full quickly. Falling to sleep pretty easily with the help of my body pillow.
Cravings:None. Ice cream like shakes or frostys sound good, but I don't get them more than once a week. I can eat pretty much whatever I want
Symptoms: Weird dreams. I don't remember this from before. Not really anything tragic or dramatic, but just weird. Like last night I dreamt we had to do something with a cabbage and hershey's chocolate bar before whoever would let us go to sleep. I guess we were being held hostage (not sure who the we is because I don't think it was BJ). Odd.
Best Moment of the week: Feeling our sweet girl move, hearing the heart beat. I'm actually looking forward to the gestational diabetes test in a few weeks. Every thing is another step closer to her being here. I'm really looking forward to having a baby girl.

On a totally different note, I believe I told you a while back that Seth picked up his Paci again over Christmas break and I just haven't had the strength, determination, to make him sleep without it. I've only given it to him to sleep, but no one else has given it to him at all. (Yes, prego mommy is too tired to be hard right now). My mom mentioned she thought about leaving the paci at her house last week so he wouldn't have it (and I couldn't give into him) but she didn't. I mentioned that to Mom Fowler today and then this evening I couldn't find it when it was time to sleep. (Not sure that she took it, but maybe she did) Seth looked for it with me and when we couldn't find it, I asked him if he thought he could be a big boy and go to sleep with out it. His response was "I think so." So I laid him down in his bed and he cried for like 10 seconds and then fell asleep with out it. Hopefully we have broken that. Now I just need to get rid of all the pacis in the house. He only has one that he loves, he was happier with none than with a bad one. Yeah for a big boy! He also gave up his bottles at the end of February, so we are done with that too. 2 more things to accomplish before the baby gets here. 1. switching to a twin bed/bunk bed with Daniel and 2. potty training. Oh the joys of motherhood!

No comments: