Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Songs of Deliverance

God has been waking me up to songs of deliverance every morning. This morning I just had the reprise of the old hymn below in my head. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. Do you think God is trying to teach me something here? (See post below on 03/10) Where do you choose to stand? On the unwavering, unchanging, immovable Rock of Christ Jesus or the sandy seashore of your own abilities, talents and reputation? "You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7

2 comments:

Sam; Jill said...

That is really true about God taking care of us and encouraging us when we really need His word. BTW, thank you so much for letting me borrow the Perretti books, they have really reminded me of the reality that we live in Spiritual war and that Christ has equipped us to fight it.

B.J. said...

Great books aren't they. I'm going to have to read them again sometime.