Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Standing

I've been going through some stuff lately. I don't really want to share all the details here, but it's been really hard for me. If you know me, you know I am overorganized and like to be in control of things. (I think I just heard a big "Amen" from some of my friends who are reading this.) Anyway, God is teaching me to trust him and stand on His word and the promises he has given me. I never thought standing would be so hard. No matter what happens, I choose to rest in the fact that God can handle it and he doesn't need my help. I've had this hymn going through my head all night and today. Standing, standing,Standing on the promises of God my Savior; Standing, standing,I’m standing on the promises of God. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,By the living Word of God I shall prevail,Standing on the promises of God. I love the verse that says God's promises CANNOT fail. It is impossible for my God to fail me. So today, I'm standing.

No comments: