Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crazy day so far

This morning I was up at 6:00 to put stuff out for me and Kim's garage sale. We sold a lot of stuff and I ended up with about $125. Not bad for some stuff I just really wanted out of my house. I sold my curio cabinet for $50 and the guy was coming back to pick it up when it fell and broke the glass. I gave him his money back, so I would have had $175. Now it is laying on my curb for someone to take away. It's kind of a bummer, but it is one less thing in my spare bedrooms. At 9:30AM we had our first contractor come look at our kitchen and take some measurements to prepare a proposal for us. I'm really curious what he is going to say and hope the number is near what I have in my head. He's supposed to e-mail me the proposal Monday. I really think he will do a great job. Our second contractor was supposed to show at 1 and still isn't here and it is 2:45PM. I guess I need to find another company to come and give me an estimate. I was really looking forward to getting the estimates out of the way. Sometimes things don't go as planned, and am I ever learning that right now, in so many ways. Just before 1, two police cars showed up at our house. We were still outside at Kim's for the garage sale, so we went over to see what was wrong. Apparently someone called to report a disturbance and gave the cops the wrong address. We knew we hadn't done anything wrong, but for that odd moment, we were hoping we weren't in trouble. It's similar to the moment all drivers put their foot on the brakes when they see a cop, whether they are speeding or not. It feels like 6 or 7 and it isn't even 3 yet. Today has been crazy.

No comments: