Sunday, July 19, 2009

Freedom in the Spirit of God

So, I've posted about freedom before and dancing in the rain and that whole thing, but today at church, God showed me something totally different about freedom that I had never thought of before. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." II Corinthians 3:17 Usually when I think about the Spirit of God bringing freedom, I think about me being free from things that weigh me down and keep me bound spiritually, but today in Sunday School we talked about being full of the Spirit. So, the Bible says that when you are saved, the Spirit of God lives in you. So if the Spirit lives in me, there is freedom in me. What God showed me is that when His Spirit is in me, I don't just have freedom in Him, but God has freedom to do what he wants to change me into his likeness. That's my prayer: God be free to do whatever you want with me. Your plans for me are always best, so come in me and do a remodel and renovation. Get rid of what doesn't please you and have complete freedom in my life.

No comments: