Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tomorrow!!!

The day has finally arrived. Tomorrow our kitchen remodel gets started. I finished emptying my cabinets this evening and am so excited to see then whole thing come together. I promise to take pictures throughout the process so I can blog about them and scrapbook about them later. If everything goes as planned, my kitchen will be ready for me to move back in on Saturday afternoon. So, we are without a kitchen for about a week, but it is such a small price to pay for a kitchen that is not straight out of the 80s, which is what we currently have. Maggie is coming to sit over here at the house and let everyone in for the next couple of days and we are sooooo thankful. If I need to come home, I can, but hopefully everything will run as planned. I made a list of things that Tom, the cabinet guy, needed to know and am ready for the mess to begin! Also going on this week is the ladies conference I have been working on for a few months. After Saturday, I'm not sure I'm going to know what to do with myself. We got our passports in the mail on Saturday. BJ and I are going to Cozymel to an all-inclusive resort for a week starting August 17th. I'm looking forward to a vacation. It feels like I haven't gotten a break in a while. I totally accept responsibility for most of that since I tend to keep getting involved in more things every week. You know what they say. If you want something done, ask someone who is busy to do it (or something like that). I guess people who are used to being busy are used to prioritizing their time and not procrastinating. That's how I feel right now. I'm not really stressed (today), but I am ready for some true down time. Honestly, it's not like I haven's been watching TV every evening or never doing anything fun, but I am really ready to sleep in as long as I want to for a few days. I guess that's the main thing I am not getting so much of right now. I have been going in to work early in order to work some extra hours. The problem with that is that I do not do well going to bed early. It seems like I finally wake up about 9 at night and then my mind is going a hundred miles a minute until at least 11 or 11:30. Part of my problem today is that I took a nap for a few hours this evening and after I emptied my kitchen I am awake. Ok, I'm going to do one more quick post about something God is showing me and then I'm going to go try and sleep, I promise.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm jealous...Cozumel! I don't know the meaning of vacation. Vacation to me is working 40 hours a week in between semesters instead of working nearly as much while going to school full time. One of these days...

Sandra said...

I remember working and school well. It's only been a year since I've been out, and it has been fabulous!!