Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Over!!

We finished the last 990 today and we are officially on the down hill slide until the end of the year. Praise God!! Some days I wondered if it would ever end and it actually did. We survived 5 weeks of total craziness and everything got done. Starting next week, I'm working 4 day weeks until the end of the year. Next week I am off on Tuesday and then I'm off the week of Thanksgiving and Mondays after that until 2010. Now I get to catch up on all the things that are not related to work that have been pushed to side. My list of things to do is ridiculous, but at least I have time to start marking things off. Tomorrow I am sleeping in until whenever my body decides to wake up. I'm sure I'll be up by 8, but it is the principle of the thing. I could sleep in until noon and it would be totally okay and I wouldn't need to feel guilty one bit. Also, I met my first production target and got the related bonus. Wohoo!! At lunch I went shopping and may do some more of the same tomorrow just because I can. I bought some new tennis shoes and some other shoes (since they were buy one get one half off). Tomorrow I plan to hit up Kohl's and see if I can find anything fun. I was going to think about Christmas shopping tomorrow, but I think I'll hold off on that until during the week since the weekend shopping is getting crazier every weekend and by the end of a shopping day I feel totally useless. Thanksgiving week my grandparents are flying down and Jill and Sam are coming for a few days. I guess this is the first holiday that Jill has had to travel to come home. We have 23 people coming over to my parents for Thanksgiving. I guess this is really one of the only family traditions we have. This year we have my parents, BJ's parents, Jill and Sam, my cousins and their 7 kids, two sets of uncles and aunts, and my grandparents coming. I have decided I will cook the dressing and three pies. I'm ready for some relaxing and playing games. Kim, my best friend, and her family are traveling to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, so I hope they get to really relax and have some fun. Kim really needs a break from work and the craziness of having so much going on, so I'm really praying she gets just what she needs on her little escape from normal life. I am going to take the opportunity of being off to spend some time with some old friends who I don't see often. I am hoping to plan a few lunch dates on the days I am off and get to do some catching up. So here's to time off, pushing through the craziness, and achieving success!! ~ Sandra

No comments: