Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ladies Retreat

Last night and today I went to the North Texas District Ladies Retreat. It was nice. I really enjoy being able to go to a service and just be a participant. I am very used to staying busy and I am getting pretty good at being able to worship while I play piano and sing every week at church, but it is nice every once in a while to just worship. The speaker was Lisa Bevere and she was really good. She is very passionate and had a very good message at both services. Last night's service was not as good as this mornings, in my opinion, but overall it was a really great time. God led Lisa to pray for a specific need that I am currently dealing with, so once again, I was assured that God has everything in control and I should always trust him and never lose hope. God is definitely stretching me lately. The last two years, I have had the opportunity to drive people to the retreat that I don't talk to on a normal basis. It is not natural for me to just talk to people, so it is a good thing when I am forced to step out of my comfort zone and have conversations that I wouldn't otherwise have. Last year, Betty rode with me and this year it was Shirley and Sis. Perez. I've got to realize it is not all about me and my insecurities and fears, but it is all about the Kingdom of God and what I can do to make someone feel God's love through me. We are God's hands and feet and quite honestly, the people of God need to be hugged a little more. You never know when God just wants to use you to be his love to someone who is having a bad day. If you never get past your comfort zone, you may miss an opportunity for God to use you.

1 comment:

Sam; Jill said...

That last part you said is so true. So many times we are too concerned with ourselves to realize that the people around us just need companionship. Often times we assume others will criticize or judge us, but in reality we criticize ourselves the most. I miss you! - Jill