Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Success!!

Today I had a very successful day off. I got a lot of things done. First, I got up and went to the gym. No, my alarm was not set, but our lawn service was mowing at 7:30 so that is when I got up. I got moving pretty slowly but was at the gym at 9. When I went to the Ladies retreat a couple of weeks ago I realized that I much prefer jogging on a treadmill to jogging outside. So I decided to join the gym where BJ is a member and go running on a treadmill at least once a week. It was definitely a great start to my day because running on a treadmill is exhilarating. Then, I came home and watched some tv before I headed out to run errands. My errands included going to the bank, getting my hair cut (which I love by the way), and going Christmas shopping. I went to Kohl's first because I had Kohl's cash to spend. Then I went to some other places which will remain nameless because I bought BJ's gift and he knows that. I did swing by Ann Taylor Loft and Compass Trading before I did some grocery shopping. I bought everything I need for cooking for thanksgiving, our work lunch for Friday, and our church potluck on Sunday. I think this is the first year I will not be going to the grocery store the week of Thanksgiving to get stuff so I can cook. This evening we had home made chicken noodle soup and it was yummy. Now we are sitting on the couch and it feels like 9 or 10 and it is only 6. Starting at 7 we have so many things to watch on TV but for the next hour we will be channel surfing in hopes of something decent to watch. My grandparents are flying in on Monday and my sister is flying in on Wednesday. I, however, have 3 more work days before I am off for the week. I cannot wait. Since the Nov 15th deadline is over, I am so not in the mood to work and it is really bad. The days go by so slowly and I don't feel like working on the few things I actually do have to work on. Friday at 5, please get here quickly!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wednesday, 9:05pm please get here quickly!