Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making a List, Checking it Twice

I like to plan and make lists, though not quite as much as my friend Elisha or B.J.'s friend Paula-Beth who makes her grocery list and organizes it by aisle at the grocery store. Now, that is craziness. With that being said, I have a huge list of things around the house that I'd like to get done while I am taking it easy at work and getting an extra day off each week. It it literally 2-3 pages long and tomorrow I plan to tackle 4-5 things on that list. Tomorrow is my last day before family arrives. Family will not totally take over my days this week, but I'd like to spend as much time with them as possible, so probably after lunch, I'll head over to my parents starting on Tuesday and going on through the weekend. I keep telling myself a few things every day and this list will be done. In reality, I am adding things to the list as fast as I can take them off and this is like only paying the minimum payment on your credit card. That is definitely no way to get your balance paid off. For anyone who reads this, you should know by now that every thought that passes through my head as I'm writing makes it to this blog, so it doesn't always make sense or really express my logical thought or opinion, but my feeling of the moment. Ok, so back to ranting and rambling... Sometimes, I just need to be my own cheerleader and encourage myself to get stuff done. GOOOO SANDRA! (picture me doing a cheer complete with spirit-fingers) In the end I always feel better when something is completed. My main issue is that the fun things on my list that I want to do are not necessarily the things that need to be done first. My other obstacle is that I am technically off from work and who wants to use their free time to be productive? I am totally satisfied to sit on the couch and sleep/watch TV until January, but I should really get things done. In the end of the argument with myself, I'm sure I'll at least get some of this list done, but probably not all of it. Hey! You win some, you lose some, but you always just keep moving forward, marking one thing off the list at a time.

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

I organize my grocery list by aisle, too! It makes it so much easier with a baby. No more backtracking for me!