Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Time is Here

I cannot believe tomorrow is Christmas. Where did this year go? Seriously! It was just January and here it comes again. I finished the last of my Christmas shopping and wrapping on Tuesday so now I just have to bake some desserts for tomorrow and clean my house since BJ's family is coming over for Christmas. Tonight we are going to the Fowler grandparents to eat dinner with the family after BJ gets off. I'm not sure I've seen them since we got married, so I guess this visit is long overdue. I made Italian Creme Cake to take with us as my contribution to the meal. After we get back tonight, I think me and Beej are opening our presents from each other. Then we will be up a little early in the morning to put some cinnamon rolls in the oven for breakfast. BJ's parents are supposed to be over at 9 and grandparents at 9:30 or so. Then my dad is coming over for lunch at about 1. My mom is working all day and my sister and brother-in-law are with his family, so my dad would otherwise be alone all day. Last year we started a tradition to have a fish fry on Christmas, so we are continuing that tradition this year as well. Christmas with my family will be on Saturday after BJ gets off. Our last Christmas will be Sunday evening with my aunt and uncle, cousins and second cousins. And then it will all be over and January will be here. Wow, you look forward and plan for this and before you know it, it is all over and time to start planning for next year. I pray that this Christmas, you take a moment to remember that Christmas is not all about the gifts and the frantic shopping and preparing for meals, but about the greatest gift of all. God sent love to us in the form of his Son Jesus and he loves us more than we can ever even express or imagine.

No comments: