Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday Flashback

Ok, so I am a blog stalker, but mostly of friends of friends or relatives of friends. Anyway, I am participating in my first Friday Flashback via Jenna's blog. Of course, I would be posting on a Saturday, but Saturday Flashback just doesn't have the same ring. Ha! The topic of the day is your favorite memory at your grandparents house. One summer my sister and I went to my grandparents house. They lived 12 hours from our house, so we didn't get to do this often. One evening Jill and I decided we would create a restaurant in the basement (with my grandma's help) and invite my grandparents to come dine with us. We made menus where everything except the one item that was actually cooked was way over priced so that they would be encouraged to order what we actually had made (we were very creative kids). So when the time came, my grandparents came to dinner decked out to the nines, kinda. Grandpa was wearing a necktie with a t-shirt, a cane, and a top hat. Grandma had a scarf, pearls and a fancy hat. I think my grandpa began to order something we didn't have that was outrageously priced in some sort of British accent all proper-like. At that point I kept running to the kitchen to "check and see what we had" and I was laughing so hard and trying to keep a straight face. Eventually we made it through dinner service, but it was a sight to see and we were all trying to be so professional but just couldn't keep it together. I smile thinking about that night. Great memories I will remember forever. Jenna, thank you for this blog prompt. Maybe with your help, I'll actually be able to blog more often than once a month. No promises though.

1 comment:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! How sweet was that. Don't you just love grandparents?