Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surprise!!

...formerly titled "It's Friday night and it feels so good." I know its been a while since I blogged but life has been pretty crazy. I guess I should stop calling it crazy since it appears to be my new normal. It's really hard to blog honestly and completely when there are parts of what is going on that you can't freely share or just don't want to. I intend to keep my blog public and so, for now I have to show restraint. Do you know how hard that is for me? I tend to speak and then think, share all the intimate details of my life with people who probably shouldn't know, but for now I'm not ready to open up to the entire world wide web. What people think of me is probably more important to me than it should be and I am not emotionally ready to take harsh criticism right now. So, restraint it is. I originally almost blogged on Friday May the 6th to share about the Mother's Day Banquet hence the two titles for this blog. It went really well and I really feel like I shared what God had given me and God's word changed people. No matter how the word is deliberated, it always changes people, because it's God's word and not mine.
Isaiah 55:11 "My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."
So Friday I was feeling so good because it was over and my stress level was down, a lot. So, on to my topic of the day, surprises. In life a lot of things are about perspective. Being the planner that I am, I like to know what is going on and put it into my schedule. I am learning to go with the flow, but I really think God made me to be a planner for a reason. It is a strength that I can use for God's work. However, the bad side of that is the control I don't like to give up. I am trying to change my perspective and learn to live with the unknown. It's hard for me, but with God's help I'll get there. So I have chosen to see this whole ordeal of waiting and not knowing from one day to the next what is going on from a new perspective. God is the God of surprises, great ones! I don't know when and I don't know what, but one day God is going to surprise me beyond my wildest dreams or imaginations and it's going to be awesome! For now, I'm taking it one day at a time, trying not to dwell on what I don't have or I hope to have, but just waiting for a totally unexpected surprise from the One who takes care of me.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sandra,
God does surprises us but most of what we get is what they call special orders or things we ordered and maybe we just forgot we ordered them. There is a book called “May I have your Order”, How to get what you want from God. It is kind of like a fast food window or like your last blog, you order something and you wait for it to be fixed but if you order it with no sauce or special you have to wait longer then if you get it the way it is on the menu. So your waiting is nothing more than you having to pull out of the line and wait for your order filled and your now waiting for God to make it, fill it and get it right. During this time he is getting your ready to be able to handle your blessing. Maybe you did not have enough patience or something else that is going to be required or needed with your special order and so while he is getting your order ready he is also getting your and BJ ready at the same time. There might even be some relationships/friendships or acquaintances that have to be tested before he places these blessings with you to see if they can handle your hot water or handle your crises and stick and stay with you or will they run when you need them most? Also, God might be waiting on your to connect or reconnect with him in a more personnel level or with someone that you have disconnected with. There are so many different reasons why your waiting and only God can tell you or lead you to the reason why you’re waiting. He will let you know if you’re listening to him.
If you wish to borrow the book let me know. I have read it over and over 3 or more time and learn something every time I read it.