Thursday, November 8, 2012

Counting Down

We are less than a week away from meeting Seth. So exciting! Tomorrow is my last day at work until January so we are definitely getting close.  Right now, induction is scheduled for early Wednesday morning if my sweet boy doesn't decide to make an appearance on his own terms before then.

Today I have been feeling a lot more tight in my belly, so I'm pretty sure Seth is just running out of room in there and is ready to get some growing room at this point.  Now that we have the details worked out for the older three kids starting early Wednesday morning until Friday night, I'm sure Seth is dying to mess all that up. :) Or maybe he likes a plan like his momma and will stick with it. That's what I'm hoping for.

Tonight I got the rest of Seth's stuff put up so we are ready to go whenever he decides to get here.  So when someone asks me if I'm ready, the answer can now be yes, without a doubt.  I am just as ready to not be pregnant any more as I am to meet Seth and start that new part of our lives.  I just want to sleep on my stomach. Is that too much to ask for?

I have to take a second and brag on my kiddos.

I got Haley's graded papers for the week tonight and she had mostly As and 100s.  We have been working so hard on her paying attention and doing her best on her papers and it is finally paying off.  I am so proud. We had to decide a few weeks back if we wanted her to be a part of a Big Brother, Big Sister program at school or not.  I knew that it could help her, but sometimes, she'll do anything for attention, good or bad, so I didn't really want to give her another audience for her to make up stories for and get bad attention.  I talked to her about that and she told me she wouldn't do that but would let her Big help her do better in school and it would be a good thing and not a bad thing for her.  So we decided to give it a shot.  And it seems to be working.  Well, between that and a lot of prayer and a lot of work.  I am so excited to have my girl doing her best at school!

And Daniel got a smiley face and an outstanding mark for behavior today. Wohoo!!  This mom is so glad to see her kids succeeding at things they struggle with.  And the look on his face was priceless when he told me. He was so proud of himself and now feels like there is nothing he can't do.

Can't overlook Katelynn.  She is doing great at school overall and is probably the easiest of the three to deal with right now.  She is such a sweet girl most of the time and is learning to do more things for herself while I am learning to be more patient with her.  She is going to be a big help when Seth gets  here.  She is a nurturer by nature and will do so well with him. 

And the timing for this couldn't be better. Life is gonna change for us all next week so I'd much rather go into it with things going well than going into it while dealing with other crisis.

Overall the kids are excited, even if there is some unknown for them (like what will happen while we are in the hospital) which can be a little scary.  I am praying everything goes smoothly and we all adjust easily to being a family of 6.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally relate with sleeping on the stomach thing. Funny thing is, once I was able to, it felt weird and not as comfortable. :)