Sunday, November 4, 2012

38w1d

So if you follow this blog but don't necessarily keep up with facebook updates or the other way around, you may not be getting a full picture of what's going on with Seth. Last Tuesday the doctor thought Seth was measuring a little small and so he sent me for a sonogram on Wednesday to check on him and make sure everything was fine. And everything is fine.  He is a little small (about a half pound smaller than expected as this point) but he is totally fine. The fluid and placenta all looked good, but Seth's tummy and legs are a little behind.  The ultrasound tech said there was nothing to worry about and she said he is just a little baby because he has little parents. (Well, duh! I could have told you that.) The decision was ultimately up to the doctor.  About an hour after the appointment, I got a call from Dr. W and he was very pleased with everything.  So at this point we are looking at inducing on November 14th if he doesn't come sooner.  I originally didn't want to do this, but I trust my doctor and have given in.  Honestly, it is nice to have a date when this journey will be over instead of leaving things open ended. I know that God knows what he's doing and instead of fighting things I am choosing to trust God to lead my doctor to make the decision that is best for us.

And now a picture...


I pretty much feel like a whale, but its okay because the end is near. Seth has been moving like crazy lately.  He was going crazy last night at Casa Manana and I just couldn't get comfortable.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out I am dilated more Tuesday at my next doctor's appointment, but we will see.  I finally got my bag packed for the hospital (except for toiletries) so I am getting close to ready.  The pack and play is put together but we really need to get the car seat installed. There is always so much to do around here, I can't dedicate all my time to Seth. But he'll be fine if I still have things to organize and such before he gets here.  I did go on Friday and buy some of the last things I thought I needed and then again today was able to go to get a shelf  for some more storage for his room.

I think I had my first contraction this morning (or at least the first one I've possibly identified). It seems weird to say I hadn't known if I'd had a contraction before, but I am too busy to sit around and critique every movement or feeling going on in this body right now.

I also think I can finally say I'm swelling a little bit. My feet aren't huge, but I haven't worn my wedding ring in about a week and my toes are looking more chubby than usual. Sunday's are busy so I've been on my feet a lot. Hopefully the swelling will go down some over night, or maybe I will be a little swollen until Seth gets here. I can deal with anything for 10 days or less, right?

Only 5 more days of work assuming all the work gets done and Seth doesn't come before then. I am looking forward to having some mental time to concentrate on one thing (or 4 if you want to count each kid separately). I am the queen of multitasking, but I am getting tired and worn and need a break from something.  So one less thing to think about (work) will be nice for a few weeks.

I am getting ready to see my sweet boy and to see how the new family dynamic is going to work.  It's exciting to see God fulfill his promise, again. I'm pretty sure giving birth is going to be pretty emotional for me. Even thinking about it all makes me get all teary eyed and just so grateful that God chose to bless us with Seth. Seth means appointed or set and I am convinced that God chose him for something great for His Kingdom. If nothing else, Seth was hand picked to be in our family, to teach us that waiting on God is worth it, that the struggle of faith makes us stronger and more aware of God's hand in our lives.  There is no way I will ever be able to look back at how our family has grown in these past 13 months and deny God's hand throughout every step. God is just so faithful!! So loving! So compassionate! So good to us! Beyond what we deserve.

I have seen families struggle so much longer than we have and my heart hurts for them. Although it doesn't always work out like it has for us, God's plan is still perfect and he doesn't change.  I have a friend who is in the process of adopting two kids from the Dominican Republic of Congo. They have been waiting for a while for this.  And although their story is quite different from ours, God's plan is still being perfectly woven for them.  It is so easy to look at others and long for a storybook ending like theirs, but we must remember, that although their ending and ours will look different, if we trust God, the end of the story will be exactly as he intends it to be and it will be beautiful!

1 comment:

Paula-Beth said...

sooo excited for you, my friend!!!